McLaren’s MP4-12C road car is a vital product for the company as it seeks to become a major independent sports car manufacturer as well as a racing team.
Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button have been involved in the development of their first sports car since the F1 and the pair drove it on its public debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last weekend.
See them in action in the video above and pictures below.
Hamilton and Button drive MP4-12C – pictures
McLaren Silverstone preview videos
McLaren have also published two videos of their drivers previewing the British Grand Prix – using a Scalextric model of the new Silverstone track:
Goodwood Festival of Speed
- F1 action at the 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Lotus 43: F1’s only 16-cylinder race-winner
- Goodwood Festival 2015: F1 cars of the 2000s
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Nineties F1 cars
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Eighties F1 cars
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Highlights from the hill
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Cars from F1’s first 30 years
- Minardi M189: Heroic minnows’ only race-leading car
- Raikkonen joins F1 stars at the Goodwood Festival
- More cars at the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed