Will McLaren repeat their Melbourne success? Can anyone keep them from pole position? Can Mercedes bounce back from their point-less start to the season?
We’ve got a great selection of prizes for the whoever can make the best predictions.
And this weekend an Autocourse eBook and some F1 artwork will go to the players who make the top two predictions. At the end of the year the player with the highest score will winBritish Grand Prix tickets.
But to be in with a chance to win you’ve got to get your predictions in before the start of qualifying.
So what are you waiting for? Make your prediction below.
How to enter
To enter, predict the pole sitter and the top five finishers in the race. You can also enter a prediction for the pole position lap time – this may be used as a tie-breaker.
Enter your pole position lap time prediction as follows: MM:SS.ccc
For example, for a lap of one minute, 23.456 seconds you would enter 01:23.456
You need to log in using an F1 Fanatic account to make your prediction.
If you haven’t got one yet the sign-up process is quick, simple and entirely free: sign up here now.
After entering your prediction, you will receive an email confirming your entry. If this does not happen, or you are concerned your prediction has not been received, please get in touch using the contact form.
Enter your predictions
2012 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship overall prizes
Grand prize: Two grandstands tickets to the 2013 British Grand Prix
The person who scores the most points over the whole season will win two grandstand tickets to the 2013 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
The grand prize winner will receive tickets to all three days of the event with reserved seating for the race.
- Buy British Grand Prix tickets via the Silverstone website or call the ticket hotline on 0844 3728 300
Second place prize: An F1 painting of your choice
The second place finisher will win a Formula 1 painting by Rob Ijbema.
You get to choose which F1 driver, present or past, will feature in the painting.
Or you can pick one of the other motor racing paintings on Rob’s site:
Runner-up prize: Racecar Engineering subscriptions
The five players with the next highest scores (positions three to seven) will each win a year’s subscription to Racecar Engineering magazine.
Racecar Engineering is the world?óÔé¼Ôäós leading motorsport technology magazine. Every issue is packed with in-depth features, interviews and analysis from Formula One, Le Mans and all forms racing and rallying.
Runner-up prize: Autocourse calendars
The five players with the next highest scores (positions eight to 12) will each win a 2013 Autocourse calendar.
The Autocourse Grand Prix calendar contains images taken during the season of all the major players competing in the Formula One World Championship.
The images are high resolution and taken by one of the world’s leading Grand Prix photographers, the calendar is printed on art quality paper and comes with a stiffened backing board and shrink wrapped for protection.
More prizes to be announced
Further prizes will be announced during the season.
2012 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship race prizes
Race winner’s prize: Autocourse eBooks
The highest scorer in each race will win an Autocourse eBook. The 1971 edition will be the first prize up for grabs.
The Autocourse eBooks are faithful reproductions of the original annuals in digital form. The colour, clarity of images and text have been improved to modern standards, but the content remains in original format.
Autocourse has become the definitive record of Formula One racing the world over and early editions are collector?óÔé¼Ôäós items, which regularly trade for hundreds of pounds.
- The 1971 Autocourse eBook is available from www.autocourse.com for ?é?ú19.99 with free postage/packing to UK customers.
Runner-up prize: F1 posters by PJ Tierney
The second-placed player in each race will win one of PJ Tierney’s excellent unofficial Formula 1 posters.
You can view PJ’s posters along with his other work on his website:
Competition terms and conditions
1. Maximum one entry per household.
2. The competition is not open to employees, friends or family of F1 Fanatic, Silverstone Circuit, Car-a-Day, Icon Publishing or Chelsea Magazines.
3. Predictions will be promoted on the front page of F1 Fanatic before closing prior to the start of qualifying.
4. In each round players are invited to predict (a) who will be on pole position and (b) what the top five finishers will be (five different drivers).
5. Players score points in each round as follows:
a. Correctly naming the pole sitter: 2 points
b. Correctly naming one/two/three/four/five driver/s who finish in the top five: 1/2/3/5/8 points
c. Correctly predicting where one/two/three/four/five driver/s finish: 2/6/14/24/40 points
6. Whoever scores the most points in every race counting towards the Formula 1 World Championship wins the grand prize.
7. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined by who is closest to predicting the pole position time correctly. If that fails to produce a winner the editor will choose a means of deciding who has won.
8. Predictions must be entered using the form above. If you have trouble submitting your entry via the form please contact F1 Fanatic via email and send your prediction using the contact form.
9. In the event of a dispute the editor?óÔé¼Ôäós decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. No cash alternative is offered for any of the prizes.
11. Grand Prix tickets: Children must be accompanied by an adult. Accommodation and transport to the venue not included.
12. Players who have won prizes will be notified by email within seven days of each Grand Prix. Grand Prix tickets will be despatched once they are available.
2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Fans videos from the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Perez voted Driver of the Weekend for Malaysia
- Rate the race result: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Perez is first Mexican on the podium in over 40 years
- Top ten pictures from the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend
Browse all 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images