Located around 100km south-west of the Nurburgring, Hockenheim has seen some blisteringly hot conditions in the past. This year’s race looks set to be not quite as hot, but should at least be dry and sunny.
The weekend will begin with cooler conditions and a slight chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. But it will get hotter as we draw closer to race day and the clouds should drift away giving us a sunny Saunday.
As we’ve seen so often already this season, the changing temperatures will play a decisive role when it comes to tyre strategies. Sunday will be the hottest day but air temperatures in the low 20C range is well short of what we’ve seen here in the past.
If you’re in the area please share your observations about the weather in the comments or in the German Grand Prix spectators’ forum:
Hockenheim weather radars
- Weather Online – Movement of rainfall over the last 24 hours
- Metrociel – shows the expected rainfall and temperatures over the coming days
Location of the Hockenheimring
See the location of every race on the 2012 F1 calendar here:
2012 German Grand Prix
- Fans’ videos from the 2012 German Grand Prix
- German GP Driver of the Weekend: Fernando Alonso
- Rate the Race result: 2012 German Grand Prix
- Montezemolo “more concerned” after German GP win
- Clear win for Ionutf1fanatic in Predictions Championship
Image ?é?® GP2