Despite missing out on places on the 2014 F1 calendar the FIA has left the door open for Mexico and New Jersey to appear on a future schedule.
In a statement on Thursday the sport’s governing body said the races, which had been given provisional places on the 2014 schedule, had been postponed as the venues would not be ready on time.
“With each circuit requiring more preparation time the decision has been taken to postpone the events,” said the FIA.
A 19-race calendar for 2014 was revealed yesterday with New Jersey’s proposed street race being postponed for a second season in a row.
Get all the 2014 F1 season race dates in your calendar
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?ť?ģ Red Bull/Getty