Michael Schumacher is showing signs of awakening from the coma he has been in for over three months, according to his agent.
A statement issued on Thursday by Sabine Kehm said: “Michael is making progress on the way.”
“He shows moments of consciousness and awakening. We are on his side during his long and difficult fight, together with the team of the hospital in Grenoble, and we keep remaining confident.”
Kehm repeated the family’s request for privacy.
“We would like to thank you all for the continuous sympathies. At the same time we again ask for understanding that we do not wish to disclose details.
“This is necessary to protect the privacy of Michael and his family, and to enable the medical team to work in full calmness.”
Schumacher fell while skiing near Grenoble on December 30th last year, suffering serious head injuries.
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Pirelli/LAT