Esteban Gutierrez will have another grid penalty for the next round of the championship following his collision with Pastor Maldonado.
The stewards said Gutierrez was “predominantly at fault” for the tangle with Maldonado and gave him a three-place grid penalty for the next race in Germany.
However Gutierrez said Maldonado should have given him more room.
“When I tried to overtake him in turn 16 [Vale] he braked and did not leave me enough space,” said Gutierrez. “I was already beside him and could not avoid a collision with him.”
“I feel very sorry for the team, as this is not the way a race should end.”
Gutierrez arrived at Silverstone with a ten-place grid penalty following his unsafe release from the pits in the previous round. He also had a five-place penalty for a gearbox change, though it made no difference to his eventual starting position.
2014 British Grand Prix
- Bottas wins second Driver of the Weekend in a row
- Silverstone’s 50th grand prix proves a fine vintage
- 2014 British Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2014 British Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 British Grand Prix
Image © Sauber