Kimi Raikkonen says he is finally happy at the wheel of his Ferrari despite being struck by a technical problem during qualifying.
Raikkonen was quickest in the first part of qualifying but slipped to seventh on the grid following a software problem on his car during Q3.
But he said he and the team are “going in the right direction” after a difficult season so far.
“I’m very happy with the handling of my car,” said Raikkonen.
“Yesterday we made some changes to the set-up and in qualifying, I finally managed to drive the way I wanted.
“Unfortunately, in Q3, on my final run on new super-soft tyres, a problem forced me to pit. It’s a real shame as I felt comfortable in the car and we had the potential to get a good result.
2014 Singapore Grand Prix
- Frustrating year led to Singapore outburst – Grosjean
- Hamilton beats Vergne to Driver of the Weekend
- Singapore GP falls short of high 2014 standard
- “Contamination” caused Rosberg’s Singapore failure
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
Image © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo