Kvyat on Gutierrez, Spanish GP
Daniil Kvyat made it around the outside of Esteban Gutierrez at turn four on the Circuit de Catalunya in this battle for 11th place.
Vettel on Bottas, Spanish GP
In the same race Sebastian Vettel completed his climb from 15th on the grid to finish one place off the podium by lunging past Valtteri Bottas for a distance at La Caixa.
Hulkenberg on Magnussen, Monaco GP
Any corner around the winding streets of Monaco is an unlikely spot for overtaking, but Portier? This move by Nico Hulkenberg caught Kevin Magnussen by surprise.
Ricciardo on Perez, Canadian GP
Daniel Ricciardo put himself in position to take his first grand prix victory by clinging on to this pass on the outside of Sergio Perez despite putting two wheels in the dirt at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Ricciardo on Hulkenberg, Austrian GP
Alonso on Vettel, British GP
Once of the best wheel-to-wheel battles of the year began when Fernando Alonso snuck past Sebastian Vettel on the outside of Copse.
Hamilton on Vergne, Hungarian GP
You don’t finish third at the Hungaroring after starting dead last without making a few cunning passes on the way. This was the pick of Lewis Hamilton’s passes from this year’s race, taking Jean-Eric Vergne on the outside of turn four.
Ricciardo on Hamilton, Hungarian GP
Ricciardo on Vettel, Italian GP
Vergne on Raikkonen, Singapore GP
A late charge through the field at Singapore helped Vergne take his best result of the season with sixth place. He dived past Kimi Raikkonen at turn one on his way.
Vote for your Pass of the Year
Vote for the best pass of 2014
- Kvyat on Gutierrez, Spanish GP (2%)
- Vettel on Bottas, Spanish GP (1%)
- Hulkenberg on Magnussen, Monaco GP (8%)
- Ricciardo on Perez, Canadian GP (2%)
- Ricciardo on Hulkenberg, Austrian GP (2%)
- Alonso on Vettel, British GP (23%)
- Hamilton on Vergne, Hungarian GP (14%)
- Ricciardo on Hamilton, Hungarian GP (11%)
- Ricciardo on Vettel, Italian GP (35%)
- Vergne on Raikkonen, Singapore GP (1%)
Total Voters: 530
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed in stead of the voting form.
Previous F1 Fanatic Pass of the Year winners
Here’s who won the five previous F1 Fanatic Pass of the Year polls:
- 2009: Kamui Kobayashi for passing Jenson Button in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2010: Robert Kubica for passing Jenson Button in the European Grand Prix
- 2011: Mark Webber for passing Fernando Alonso in the Belgian Grand Prix
- 2012: Kimi Raikkonen for passing Michael Schumacher in the Belgian Grand Prix
- 2013: Sebastian Vettel for passing Mark Webber in the Malaysian Grand Prix
How the nominees were chosen
These were the ten overtaking moves of 2014 which received the most nominations for Pass of the Year from F1 Fanatic readers. The nominations ran throughout the season.
Over 50 other overtaking moves were nominated for Pass of the Year. If your favourite pass didn’t appear in the final ten, that’s because it didn’t get enough nominations.
2014 F1 season review
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
- F1 Fanatic’s must-read articles of 2014
- F1’s most popular drivers and teams of 2014 revealed
- F1 defies critics as fans praise 2014 racing
- The Stats and Facts highlights of 2014