Valtteri Bottas could miss the first race of the season after being taken to hospital to have a back injury examined after qualifying.
Bottas complained of back pains during the session but was able to qualifying in sixth place. He has been taken to Melbourne’s Alfred Hospital for checks as a precaution.
“Unfortunately towards the end of Q2 I started to feel a pain in my back,” said Bottas after qualifying.
“Under the circumstances I’m happy with sixth place, but as Felipe proved, this is not a true indication of our pace.
“Given the back complaint I had during the session, the team and I felt it sensible to get me checked out at the local hospital and we await their diagnosis.”
2015 Australian Grand Prix
- Sponsor Watch: 2015 Australian and Malaysian GP
- Nasr wins Driver of the Weekend poll on debut
- F1 can only get better after lifeless Melbourne opener
- 2015 Australian Grand Prix team radio highlights
- 2015 Australian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery