Engine manufacturer Honda has been given permission to use five new power unit elements during its first season. This rules change came into effect after Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso had already taken penalties in Canada and Austria for changing power unit components.
The pair will each use a new engine (ICE), turbocharger, MGU-K and MHU-H this weekend. Alonso will also have new control electronics on his car. None of these changes will incur a penalty.
Manor has also changed much of Roberto Merhi’s power unit. He will have a new Ferrari engine, turbo and MGU-H this weekend.
This table shows how many power unit elements each driver has used so far:
2015 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Vettel wins Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Hungary rated fifth-best race since 2008
- 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Vote for your Hungarian GP Driver of the Weekend