Kimi Raikkonen has been given his second reprimand of the season following an incident involving Romain Grosjean during the final practice session.
Grosjean had to swerve to avoid Raikkonen after the Ferrari driver slowed at the exit of Curve Paul Frere. A furious Grosjean said the move had been “very dangerous”.
The stewards said Raikkonen had been warned more than once that Grosjean was approaching.
“The driver of car seven [Raikkonen] was performing a constant speed test whilst car eight [Grosjean] was on a fast lap. The driver of car seven was advised twice by team radio that car eight was behind him.”
“At the exit of turn 15, car seven ceased acceleration at 200kph but remained on the racing line. This required the driver of car eight to take abrupt evasive action to avoid a collision.”
Raikkonen will automatically be given a ten-place grid penalty if he collects a third reprimand before the end of the season. He was previously reprimanded for dangerous driving in the pit lane in Bahrain.
2015 Belgian Grand Prix
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- “If drivers respect track limits there’s no problem” – Spa responds to Pirelli over ‘debris’
- Tyres should be able to cope with debris – Massa
- Pirelli urge better track cleaning after Spa blow-outs
- Podium earns Grosjean Driver of the Weekend win