Formula One’s official tyre supplier has confirmed the new ultra-soft compound will be available for drivers to use at the Austrian Grand Prix.
The ultra-soft will be the mandatory tyre compound which drivers are required to use in Q3. Drivers must also keep a set of super-soft and soft tyres available for use during the race.
The ultra-soft tyre will make its race debut at the Monaco Grand Prix. The same tyre selection wil be available at that race and in Canada as well as Austria.
2016 tyre nominations so far
|Circuit||2016 Q3||2016 Option||2016 Prime||2015 Option||2015 Prime|
|Baku||Super-soft||Soft||Medium||No race||No race|
|Red Bull Ring||Ultra-soft||Super-soft||Soft||Super-soft||Soft|
2016 Austrian Grand Prix
- Long stint didn’t cause Vettel’s tyre blow-out in Austria
- Point earns Wehrlein Driver of the Weekend win
- Mercedes will use team orders if Austrian GP scenario recurs
- Hamilton won’t change his approach after Mercedes discussions
- 2016 Austrian Grand Prix team radio transcript