It was a near-silent race on the radios at the Russian Grand Prix – at least as far as the FOM broadcast was concerned.
While the new restrictions on radio messages have reduced the amount of communication going on between driver and team there is still far more going on than gets broadcast during the races.
That much was obvious during last weekend’s race, when more than half of the eleven teams did not have any of their radio communications broadcast. Out of 22 drivers in the field we heard messages involving just six of them.
Among them was Sebastian Vettel, who supplied one of the most furious outbursts herd for some time when Daniil Kvyat ejected him from the race.
Go ad-free for just £1 per month
2016 Russian Grand Prix team radio transcript
|PR||From Max Verstappen||Guys I think there was a problem there, the engine just completely disappeared when I went on total, there is an issue.|
|1||From Sebastian Vettel||Oh for [censored by FOM] sake man! Who the [censored by FOM]? Oh I’m out! Crash! Somebody hit me in the [censored by FOM] rear, T2, Somebody hit me in the [censored by FOM] rear again T3, for [censored by FOM] sake, honestly. What the [censored by FOM] are we doing here?|
|6||To Lewis Hamilton||Get in there Lewis, come on man!.|
|9||To Felipe Nasr||We have a slow puncture Felipe a slow puncture, box this lap.|
|10||From Felipe Nasr||Why do we box this lap?.|
|10||To Felipe Nasr||We have a slow puncture, a slow puncture.|
|17||To Kimi Raikkonen||So this is the critical point Kimi.|
|22||From Sergio Perez||Do you like my pace, do you like it?|
|22||To Sergio Perez||Doing well Checo, pace is good.|
|30||From Max Verstappen||I have something with the engine.|
|32||From Lewis Hamilton||You there Bono?|
|33||To Lewis Hamilton||Affirm Lewis, we’ve got a bit on at the moment mate. so Lewis it looks lke we’ve got a water pressure issue, water pressure issue.|
|39||To Lewis Hamilton||Lewis the situation has stabilised.|
|53||To Nico Rosberg||Excellent drive Nico, well done we’ve finally done it in Russia.|
|53||From Nico Rosberg||Thanks everyone. Everything worked really well this weekend, thanks a lot.|
Lap: Refers to lap message was broadcast on. There may be a delay between messages being said and being broadcast. PR = pre-race; FL = formation lap; VL = victory lap.
Message: Repetitive or irrelevant messages omitted. Notes in italics. Highlights in bold.
Follow F1 Fanatic Live on Twitter for team radio highlights during all live F1 sessions.
Russian Grand Prix data
- 2016 Russian Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2016 Russian Grand Prix lap times and fastest laps
- 2016 Russian Grand Prix lap charts
2016 Russian Grand Prix
- Red Bull bosses gave me “no explanation” – Kvyat
- Another weak race shows Sochi is the new Valencia
- Magnussen beats grand slam Rosberg for Driver of the Weekend
- Kvyat axed by Red Bull, Verstappen takes his place for Spain
- 2016 Russian Grand Prix team radio transcript
Team radio transcripts
- Transcript: Why Ferrari told Leclerc ‘the hard is worse than expected’ but still used it
- “We need to decide now”: Inside Sainz and Ferrari’s French GP strategy dilemma
- “Oh, so unlucky!” How Alonso’s cursed Austrian Grand Prix unfolded on his radio
- “I don’t agree”: How Schumacher lobbied for team orders throughout sprint race
- “Do something, please!” The radio calls which show how Leclerc lost at Silverstone