Pirelli will bring its hardest range of tyres for July’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
The hard, medium and soft tyres have been chosen for the tenth round of this year’s world championship. The soft will be the mandatory tyre for qualifying and each driver must have one set of medium and hard tyres available for the race.
Aside from these three mandatory requirements drivers can choose how many of each other type of tyre makes up their ten remaining sets for the weekend.
Last year Pirelli supplied the hard and medium tyres only for this race.
2016 tyre nominations so far
|Circuit||2016 Q3||2016 Option||2016 Prime||2015 Option||2015 Prime|
|Baku||Super-soft||Soft||Medium||No race||No race|
|Red Bull Ring||Ultra-soft||Super-soft||Soft||Super-soft||Soft|
2016 British Grand Prix
- 2016 British Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Second Driver of the Weekend win for Verstappen
- Wet race at Silverstone leaves many cold
- A delayed start is better than a Safety Car start
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 British Grand Prix