Formula One has arrived in Azerbaijan for the first grand prix on the new Baku City Circuit.
At six kilometres, the track is the second longest lap of the year after Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium. Among its distinctive features are a very narrow section as it passes through the old city and the high-speed run back towards the start/finish area.
Explore the circuit turn-by-turn with the interactive guide below. Click each image for high-resolution version.
Go ad-free for just £1 per month
Over to you
What are your first impressions of the Baku City Circuit? Have your say in the comments.
2016 European Grand Prix
- Haas need warmer weather – Grosjean
- Caption Competition 106: Ecclestone and Tilke
- Podium earns Perez Driver of the Weekend win
- Baku’s first race ranked among the worst since 2008
- 2016 European Grand Prix team radio transcript