Sebastian Vettel will have his third five-place gearbox change penalty of the season in this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
Ferrari confirmed the change on social media, and as Vettel’s gearbox has not completed the required six consecutive races it means a penalty will be forthcoming.
The Ferrari driver has already had to replace his gearbox early in Bahrain and Russia and Austria. His latest change comes as his newest gearbox lasted just one race weekend.
Vettel suspected his gearbox had broken during his final run at the end of this practice, telling his team on the radio “I think we failed a gearbox again”.
Vettel’s team mate Kimi Raikkonen had a single gearbox change penalty in Monaco.
2016 British Grand Prix
- 2016 British Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Second Driver of the Weekend win for Verstappen
- Wet race at Silverstone leaves many cold
- A delayed start is better than a Safety Car start
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 British Grand Prix