Which F1 driver was the best performer during the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend?
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most during the last race weekend.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Felipe Massa||10th||-0.155s||0/55||3||13th||Not on same lap|
|Valtteri Bottas||11th||+0.155s||55/55||1||5th||Not on same lap|
|Daniil Kvyat||15th||-0.005s||0/55||3||14th||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||16th||+0.005s||55/55||2||11th||Not on same lap|
- 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix lap charts
- 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix lap times and fastest laps
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (18%)
- Nico Rosberg (8%)
- Sebastian Vettel (0%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (1%)
- Felipe Massa (0%)
- Valtteri Bottas (2%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (21%)
- Max Verstappen (12%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Sergio Perez (1%)
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Jolyon Palmer (2%)
- Daniil Kvyat (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Marcus Ericsson (1%)
- Felipe Nasr (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (34%)
- Jenson Button (1%)
- Pascal Wehrlein (0%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Romain Grosjean (0%)
- Esteban Gutierrez (0%)
- No opinion (0%)
Total Voters: 477
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2016 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Alonso wins Driver of the Weekend after salvaging seventh
- Hamilton ‘wasn’t pushing’ when engine blew
- Dramatic Malaysian GP gets strong rating
- Mercedes reveal why Hamilton’s engine failed
- 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix team radio transcript
Debates and polls
- Which of 2022’s four lost F1 drivers will return to the grid in the future?
- Was Verstappen’s penalty for Hamilton collision correct?
- Does Pierre Gasly deserve to be one penalty away from a race ban?
- Did the FIA get Red Bull’s penalty for 2021 budget cap breach right?
- Was Russell’s five-second penalty for Sainz collision the right call?