Nico Hulkenberg has driven his first laps in a Renault Formula One car at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia, Spain. He sampled the RS16 car the team used last season.
Hulkenberg has joined the team following a three-year stint at Force India. He will partner Jolyon Palmer at the squad.
Renault will reveal its new car for 2017 on February 21st.
Get all the 2017 F1 race, test and launch dates on your mobile device using the F1 Fanatic Calendar
2017 F1 season
- Stripping Verstappen of 2017 US podium was “one of the toughest decisions” – steward
- Sepang pays Haas compensation for Grosjean’s 2017 crash
- Williams revenues rose in 2017 after Bottas deal with Mercedes
- New kerbs at COTA in response to Verstappen’s corner-cutting
- Australian Grand Prix cost government £56 million last year