Renault has taken the biggest step forward at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, lapping the track almost three-and-a-half seconds faster than they did last year.
The team has consistently been one of the most-improved outfits during 2017.
McLaren posted the third-largest improvement but may have made more progress than the lap times indicate. Neither car set a time in Q2 because of their impending grid penalties:
As has been the case at every race this year with the exception of Monza, the track record has fallen at the current configuration of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez:
Sebastian Vettel lowered the outright track record to 1’16.488. The race lap record is a 1’20.521 set by Nico Rosberg in 2015.
2017 Mexican Grand Prix
- Alonso “cries like a baby” and the stewards always listen – Steiner
- 2017 Mexican Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2017 Mexican Grand Prix weekend Star Performers
- Top ten pictures from the 2017 Mexican Grand Prix
- ‘Race director, look at the race please’: Mexican GP team radio highlights