Daniel Ricciardo and Brendon Hartley have both received grid penalties of 20 places for the Mexican Grand Prix after they both received new power unit elements
The stewards confirmed that Red Bull had installed a new internal combustion engine, turbocharger and MGU-H in Ricciardo’s car, while Hartley has received a new turbocharger and MGU-H.
Due to these being already excessive elements on both cars, the pair will drop to 16th on the grid for Ricciardo and 17th on the grid for Hartley.
Toro Rosso’s Pierre Gasly also has a new turbocharger following his failure in FP3, but will start from the back of the grid after technically failing to qualify.
2017 Mexican Grand Prix
- Alonso “cries like a baby” and the stewards always listen – Steiner
- 2017 Mexican Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2017 Mexican Grand Prix weekend Star Performers
- Top ten pictures from the 2017 Mexican Grand Prix
- ‘Race director, look at the race please’: Mexican GP team radio highlights