McLaren and Honda’s public farewell continued at the Japanese manufacturer’s annual ‘thanks day’, which featured appearances from McLaren drivers and classic McLaren-Honda F1 cars at the Motegi circuit..
Current driver Stoffel Vandoorne and outgoing racer Jenson Button were among those who attended. The pair lapped the track in a 1988 McLaren-Honda MP4-4 V6 turbo and 1991 McLaren-Honda MP4-6 V12.
Also present was former F1 driver Takuma Sato who showed off the Borg-Warner trophy he won at this year’s Indianapolis 500 in a Dallara-Honda. Fernando Alonso, who also drove at Indianapolis this year, did not attend.
Pierre Gasly, who drove for Honda in the Japanese Super Formula championship this year, also attended the event.
- 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix in pictures
- 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix practice in pictures
- First pictures from the 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix weekend
- 2022 French Grand Prix in pictures