The Force India driver said his management is considering his options as recent developments have put his F1 future in doubt.Lance Stroll has emerged as a candidate to take Ocon’s place alongside Sergio Perez at Force India, following the purchase of the team by a consortium headed by Stroll’s father.
Ricciardo’s switch “was not a shock”, said Ocon. “Obviously we had possibilities there. In the end it’s passed and we have to move forward.”
He denied he is worried about his future. “Mercedes and my management in Mercedes have been taking the right choices in the past years. I am sure they will be able to do the same again.”
Ocon says he needs to ensure he drives well enough to guarantee he will have a seat next year.
“What’s important is always to perform on the track. As I always say if you perform on track, a Formula 1 team can’t get rid of you if you perform.
“That’s my target. I want to do the same as I have done in the first half of the season, trying to do the best I can. If I do that I am sure I will have a seat next year.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year