Sunny weather is expected for this weekend’s United States Grand Prix but the mercury may not hit as high as 20C across all three days.
Over the following days conditions will warm up very slightly, and occasional cloudy spells are possible, which could have an effect on track temperatures. With little cloud, temperatures on Friday could fall as low as 3C overnight, meaning ground temperatures could still be very cool during the earlier practice sessions.
On qualifying and race day temperatures will head towards 20C but are likely to fall short. Track temperatures are therefore likely to be sub-30C, slightly cooler than last year’s race.
Race day looks like being the best of the three following a warmer night and only light winds.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 United States Grand Prix
- Austin showed progress Red Bull has made – Horner
- Gasly: Toro Rosso in the hunt for points every weekend
- Drivers’ salaries should be included in budget cap – Brown
- Sainz and Norris ‘within a tenth of a second of each other’ – Seidl
- Bottas says “a few mistakes” stopped him beating Hamilton