Carlos Sainz Jnr and Lando Norris took turn driving the MCL35 at the home of the Spanish Grand Prix in a filming day.
The car will next run when the first three-day pre-season test begins at the Circuit de Catalunya on Wednesday.
McLaren weren’t the only team running their car at the track today. Williams, Haas and Renault also ran their new cars for the first time.
Pictures: 2020 McLaren F1 car
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton