Renault F1 driver Esteban Ocon will participate in a new Esports event organised by the manufacturer tomorrow.
Vitality’s Kevin Georges (a.k.a. Brawks) and Maxime Dambrine (Robi) will also participate along with the team’s Esports driver Nicolas Longuet. Laurent Hurgon, who holds the real-world lap records for Renault’s Megane Trophy R on the Nurburgring, Spa-Francorchamps and Suzuka, will also participate.
Neither of Renault’s current F1 drivers have participate in the official Virtual Grand Prix series, which held its second event yesterday. The team’s junior driver Christian Lundgaard finished second in yesterday’s race on the Albert Park circuit.
Another of its junior drivers, Chinese racer Guanyu Zhou, won the opening event on the Bahrain International Circuit, but was left out of the team’s line-up yesterday.
RaceFans understands Renault is rotating its seats for the races between its academy drivers and invited guests of the team’s sponsors. Ian Poulter, a professional golfer and ambassador for Renault sponsor DP World, drove alongside Zhou in Bahrain, while Lundgaard was partnered by Australian Supercars racer Andre Heimgartner yesterday.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- How the F1 Manager 2022 team raided the archives to make their races sound realistic
- How F1 Manager 22’s driver ratings compare to F1 22’s
- “F1 22”: The RaceFans review of the official Formula 1 game
- Complete driver ratings for new F1 22 game revealed
- First look at F1 22’s new supercar challenges, circuit updates and more