The British Touring Car Championship, which inspired the popular TOCA series, will have an officially-licensed racing game from 2022
Motorsport Games, which publishes the NASCAR Heat series, has been chosen as the publisher.
“Finally, I’m proud to say that the huge demand from the BTCC and TOCA game fans is being answered,” said BTCC chief executive Alan Gow.
“Just like the original BTCC/TOCA game, this will be a dedicated BTCC game featuring all the cars, all the teams, all the drivers and all the circuits – not merely some elements partially incorporated into an existing game.
“It is hugely important to me, our teams, drivers and fans that any new BTCC game reflected exactly what everyone loves about our championship; the incredibly close non-stop action, intense competition and great enjoyment.”
The 2020 British Touring Car Championship season is due to begin at Donington Park this weekend following delays due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Nine triple-header rounds will take place over fourth months, concluding at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit in November.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton