McLaren’s new MCL35M has run on-track for the first time since it was revealed at the team’s headquarters yesterday.Lando Norris was first to drive the new car at Silverstone today. Daniel Ricciardo, who has joined the team for 2021, will also drive the car during one of McLaren’s allocated ‘filming days’.
McLaren became the first team to reveal its new car for the 2021 F1 season yesterday. They have changed engine suppliers, from Renault to Mercedes, and face the challenge of fully integrating the new power unit with a car which was designed for different hardware.
They have hit the track for the first time almost a month before official pre-season testing begins at the Bahrain International Circuit on March 12th.
Pictures: McLaren MCL35M first track run
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Video: First look at McLaren’s MCL35M
Images: McLaren via Twitter
2021 F1 season
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation
- Red Bull fined $7 million and lose development time for 2021 budget cap breach
- Hamilton: F1 ‘might as well not have a cost cap if the penalty is a slap on the wrist’
- Red Bull need penalty that “really hurts them” if they exceeded budget cap – Bottas
- F1 mustn’t let post-season budget cap rows become a regular occurrence