World Endurance Championship

Going to the 6 hours of Britain

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sozavele
    Participant

I am planning on attending the 6 hours of Silverstone, with this being my first race at Silverstone, so I am looking foward to it. I was wondering if there are any other fanatics out there who are also attending the event. The tickets at present are amazing value, only £25 for the race and £29 for the entire three days.
    I have not really watched endurance racing before but I thought this was an oppurtunity I could not miss, who should I be looking out for?

Calum
    Participant

There are quite a few former F1 drivers in the LMP1 grid:

Toyota Hybrid have Buemi, Ant Davidson, Nakajima and Wurz
    Audi have Ferrari test driver Marc Gene and ex Toyota F1 driver Allan McNish
    Rebellion have Nick Heidfeld

I’d love to go to the Silverstone round of the World Endurance Championship, £25 for a 6 hour race is brilliant value – £29 for the whole weekend is a must if you are able to get to Silverstone that weekend!!

sozavele
    Participant

Booked my tickets for the Sunday, really excited.
    The tickets are great as they are roving grandstand so I get to sit anywhere, providing I get a seat.
    The layout being used is grand prix.
    Providing I get a seat, where shall I try to sit?
    The options are:
    Woodcote
    Club
    International Pits Straight
    Village B
    Stowe Lakeside

Calum
    Participant

Club: you get to see the pit straight, the entry to the pitlane and a couple of corners: Vale and Club, if I was going to see F1 and could only have one seat rather than roving grandstand I would definately sit here as you get to see lots of things, isn’t the podium close to this grandstand too?

Village would be quite good for the first few laps while the field is still tight: going into the slowest part of the track as a single pack means there could be a few bumps and crashes!

At International Straight you will get to see the pitstops and the start/finish of the race.

Club and Village look like great places to sit, and the International Straight would be interesting just to watch some pitstops taking place.

sozavele
    Participant

It’s now less than a month to the event, I am really looking forward to it, I was wondering, is anybody else going.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sozavele I’m going. Booked my weekend camping tickets. Hoping for a continuation of this (mostly) sunny weather. Hopefully the Woodlands campsite would have recovered from the F1 mudbath by then.

Seems Toyota will only be fielding 1 entry, and no Nick Heidfeld it seems, which is a shame. Still waiting on the full line-up of events for the weekend though.

And I’m sure you’ll be able to get a seat. I can’t envision it being terribly busy.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Really looking forward to this, great value and access all round the circuit. Should be worth it just for the noise of the Corvettes and Toyota, and the quick section Copse, Maggotts and Becketts should be spectacular even if it’s not quite at F1 speeds.

Martin Brundle’s back again alongside Alex in the Greaves P2 car, and Karun Chandhok is racing for JRM in P1, so the Sky F1 boss will be watching nervously. Also look out for Fisichella in the AF Corse Ferrari, the car that won its class at Le Mans despite being demolished and rebuilt during qualifying.

Formula Renault 3.5 will be there too. Great looking cars and arguably a stronger field than GP2, with some familiar names from the F1 reserve drivers (Jules Bianchi, Alexander Rossi and Sam Bird) plus up-and-coming stars like Robin Frijns, Kevin Korjus and Nick Yelloly. Their programme seems to be:

Sat 25th 0930 Qualifying 1, 1300 Race 1, 1715 Q2
    Sun 26th 0940 Race 2

Don’t know if there are any other support races, that would be a bonus.

sozavele
    Participant

@bullfrog Have your tickets come yet??

Bullfrog
    Participant

No, nothing yet @formula-1, just an email confirming the booking. No worries yet though – I’d imagine they’re a bit busy refunding people for the Grand Prix…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@formula-1 They’re usually not sent out until a week or two before the race. They’ll arrive, don’t worry!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.