RaceFans site development

RaceFans Supporters: Who wants a non-PayPal option?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a few requests from people about offering a PayPal-free version of the RaceFans Supporters programme.

At the moment I’m not sure how popular this would be, so if it’s something you’d like to see can you please tell me below. It would also be helpful to know why.

By the way, if I am able to put a PayPal-free version together in future, I promise I won’t come after each of you saying ‘you promised you’d become a Supporter’!

Ben Needham
    Participant

I would welcome a simple Direct Debit or something similar. My PayPal account only had this subscription on it; which I think expired recently and I haven’t added my new card as I don’t use PayPal for anything else.

I’d love to continue my support, but seems silly when I don’t use PayPal for anything else.

Keep up the great work!

James
    Participant

This is something I’d like to see. Or alternatively, offer an annual payment option rather than a monthly recurring charge. My main gripe with PayPal is having my financial information stored with them. I don’t believe they are a security-responsible organization and their service terms are extremely anti-consumer.

I used to use them extensively and had my banking information linked to my account. At some point my account was compromised and the funds I had stored with PayPal were stolen, and in order to cover the stolen cost PayPal automatically pulled funds from my bank account. They refused to investigate the possibility that their systems had been compromised, instead accused me of using a weak password or re-using a password. They took several weeks to recover the lost funds. I closed my account, changed out all my CCs and alerted my bank to any transactions with PayPal going forward. I have heard of many similar occurrences from friends and colleagues, so now I do my level best to avoid doing business with them.

I grant you permission to come after me Keith!

Joao
    Participant

Is that the old name and logo I see there? Oh the memories.

Yes, paypal alternative please. Guess why I’m not a supporter

ruliemaulana
    Participant

I’m okay with PayPal, the thing is its only had option to charge to credit card linked to PayPal. It didn’t had option to send payment with my current PayPal balance. I live without credit card and I prefer pay more to fill my balance through 3rd party than having a credit card. I couldn’t link my debit card to PayPal since its only available in handful country.

Why RaceFans only had credit card option even it payment handle by PayPal is because it set on monthly payment. If it is a one time payment, PayPal had option to let you takes its balance and there’s another online payment to choose for. But yes, choosing one time payment will led to additional workhours to handle it.

@HoHum
    Participant

Keith, Like I said I did try but as above a previous 1 off use and long disuse caused me problems with PayPal and I do not like allowing access willy nilly to my bank accounts. I have recently purchased on ebay from ****sellers who offer a service where I pay paypal with my c card and they pay the retailer. I would prefer an annual sub by c.card and would be happy to receive a reminder, though 2020 might be year to far for me. If you come up with an annual cc option make sure to announce it loud and clear.
    Regards and thanks to you and Dieter for your work.

David
    Participant

My problem is I live in China and so don’t have an ability to pay for a subscription through Paypal as far as I can tell. So a non-Paypal option would be welcome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.