F1 Games

Codemasters F1 2021: What do you want to see in the game?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The new Formula 1 season is underway so it’s time to start thinking about the next edition of the official game. What would you most like to see added to – or removed from – Codemasters’ F1 2021?

skydiverian
    Participant

Ideally (and I doubt it will happen) the 2020 season as it actually happened, with Mugello, Algarve, Turkey and the other tracks that held races, including the Bahrain outer circuit.

Alesici
    Participant

I’d like to see any and all of Codemasters’ PC games add proper support for triple screens. Sometimes called projection correction, this renders the side screens’ views independently, taking into account the angle that the player will have rotated them to maximise the field of view angle and to ensure their eyeline is at 90 degrees to every screen.

All of the Codemasters games so far have assumed that all 3 screens are instead positioned at identical angles, which is unrepresentative, as desks just aren’t that wide. If the player does rotate the side screens, the result is that Codemasters games horizontally stretch the side screens in a ridiculous way, horribly distorting the perspective.

Weirdly, there are only about 10 sims doing this properly. The following site lists most of them. Since then, the tiny developer behind KartKraft has added it too, so if they can achieve this, Codies can too.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/games-list-with-true-triple-screen-and-or-vr-support.158838/

Balue
    Participant

Realism

minnis
    Participant

Cross platform multiplayer is my big one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.