F1

2013 F1 driver rankings by the world’s media

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

With the season at an end the driver rankings articles from different media are already starting to make an appearance. Let’s see how the different publications rate the drivers. First up is this one from The Guardian with some interesting choices:

Paul Weaver, The Guardian

1. Sebastian Vettel
    2. Romain Grosjean
    3. Nico Hulkenberg
    4. Nico Rosberg
    5. Valtteri Bottas
    6. Kimi Raikkonen
    7. Jules Bianchi
    8. Daniel Ricciardo
    9. Lewis Hamilton
    10. Mark Webber

The rest of their rankings are via this link:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/nov/25/f1-2013-alternative-driver-rankings

The F1 Fanatic driver rankings will appear later in December, I’m not going to give away much yet but don’t expect to see Chilton in front of Alonso…

If you’ve spotted any other do post a top ten and links below.

andae23
    Participant

Chilton ahead of Alonso… Grosjean, the man who crashed three times in Monaco, second… I can’t take that one seriously.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Bottas fifth… Bianchi seventh?! Both ahead of Ricciardo, Hamilton and Webber?!

Exactly what was this guy watching all season?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I’m sorry, but in what world is Max Chilton better than the guy who finished runner up in the Championship this year? Don’t get me wrong, Chilton seems like a nice guy, and even though Alonso hasn’t been fantastic this year, he’s still been far stronger than Chilton…

Same goes for di Resta being better than Button. I just don’t…

I definitely cannot take this list seriously, it’s absolutely ludicrous.

matt90
    Participant

Although I could see possibly see Rosberg higher than Hamilton, I’m not sure I’d have him that high- for me Hamilton was definitely better in the first half of the season, and although Rosberg was better in the second half with a few great performances I think 4th is too much.

EDIT: Also, his justification for being Rosberg being high was terrible, just saying he was ranked high due to being better than Hamilton. And the ‘facts’ he uses to prove that were having more wins and often qualifying ahead- of course one win was inherited and Hamilton out-qualified Rosberg even more often.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Questionable, to say the least. No way in hell Alonso was that bad, even if his performance was way below last year’s. In fact, mediocre qualifyings (he got plenty of those) aside, he was quite good.

Regardless of how good Grosjean was the second half, he still got destroyed by Raikkonen, even with two races less.

While I could understand (though not necessarily agree with) Rosberg being ahead of Hamilton, no way in hell they were that far away.

I could go on, but this all seems too wrong. It almost looks like an attempt to get hits.

Michael
    Participant

Not sure how Grosjean could be on top of Raikonnen.

Not sure how Webber could be so low except in comparison to Vettel.

Where’s Alonso? A score 8 from LDM is like a 6 in the old figure skating scoring system:-)

If you ask Hamliton himself, he would put himself there but the truth is that McLaren has nearly collapsed after Hamilton’s departure and Mercedes has become a powerhouse. A lot of that must come from Lewis. From an on-track performance, I would put him in P6 but from a team perspective, I think he deserves to be 2nd or 3rd on that list. Other Vettel and maybe Bianchi (did he clinch P10 for Marussia?), no one brought more to their team than Hamilton did this year.

Probably trying to create discussion.

Which he will! What an awful list. Grosjean was fantastic second half of the season but the fact he still finished 50 points off with two more races shows his very poor first half. And then there’s the Chilton position….. oh dear

Nick
    Participant

I’ve heard of ‘you’re only as good as your last race’, but this guy takes it to a whole new level. Haven’t seen too much of these lists today, kind of surprised.

bull mello
    Participant

Blindfolded, drivers names picked out of a hat…

TommyB
    Participant

Like most F1 journalists they suffer from short memory syndrome. “Oh Grosjean has had a good last three races, let’s put him second.” Despite him having a terrible start to the season and almost getting fired in Monaco.

Yeah, that Guardian list is ridiculous.

Everyone knows Chilton deserves to be much higher up than that. The guy’s practically a shoe-in for BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Hairs
    Participant

blatant clickbait on the part of the guardian there. Or alternatively, the job was handed to a researcher who spent half an hour reading autosport and gave up when their free monthly views ran out.

Worst of all, it’s written like an article in ok magazine. Still, the guardian isn’t known for its f1 coverage so I doubt the editor cares.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Seems too influenced by the last couple of races, but even so, I don’t see how Ricciardo can be ahead of Hamilton, how Bottas can be ahead of Kimi, how Alonso isn’t even in the top ten…

All in all, the worst season ranking I’ve ever seen.

mnmracer
    Participant

Fun trivia on Chilton: despite being the only driver to finish every race this season, he still completed fewer laps than Vettel, Button and Perez.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.