F1

A new way of presenting the sport as a broadcast medium.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ferrox glideh
    Participant

Consider the value of presenting a commentary feed that was much more technically inclined than the Sky Feed. I just watched the NBCSN feed of last weekend’s Indycar race, and during the commercial breaks, the satellite feed keep on going full screen and with full commentary. I heard the comments of veteran announcers that had no idea that they were being overheard by anyone except their broadcast crew. It was so interesting, and I could follow their clipped discussion because I have been following the sport for years. At one point, they actually raised the question of who would explain the tire compound rules when the broadcast was re-established after the commercial break.
    My question: Is there room for an official subscriber race feed that lets serious(ie. Famous) F1 experts discuss the race in real time without political concerns? Maybe this is how Bernie Echhystone’s Rolex brigade can stick it to the fans online, yet still provide free to air broadcasting with the Brundle brigade.

(P.S.: My first nomination to this broadcast would be Martin Brundle!)
    Of course, money is no object…

ferrox glideh
    Participant

$50 gives you full race commentary by, let’s say, three legends of racing, and the line up changes from race to race. I am sure that there are plenty of people ready to put it out there.
    Hell, make the buy in to the feed a Charitable Deal. A win for FOM, in the form of tax right offs. (Not that these dudes pay taxes…)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.