F1

First F1 race!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ecion
    Participant

Hey all, I’m going to Spa this year for my first taste of live F1! Now that we’re on V6 hybrids, do we really need ear plugs, or are they a thing of the past?
    Any other pointers for a first timer?

PorscheF1
    Participant

Hey

As a regular at Spa I can recommend using Friday and Saturday to walk around but on Sunday sit at Pouhon or T10 Bruxelles. You just have to walk from Eau Rouge to Les Combes just to feel the steep hill you’re actually climbing.

Come early as everyone else will be earlier than you. And steal all the good spots.

I did not need plugs at Silverstone, so i don’t think you’ll need them at Spa either.

Try to park your car as soon as possible in one of the many gardens that offer 10 euro per day (sometimes 15) or go by foot.

There is plenty of food and entertainment afterwards and yet I recommend bringing all your food and drink with you, as with any GP really.

Bring clothes for all weather conditions, I have these trousers with ‘unzippable’ parts to make it a short. Wear comfortable walking shoes, no heels or your nike airs as they will get muddy if it rains a little.

Enjoy Spa as it is the first time in a while I won’t be there.

Marco
    Participant

Hi,

You don’t need plugs during the F1 race, but last year I’ve used them during GP2 and GP3 races which are planned before the start of the F1 race.

There’s only one thing important at Spa: Come early. And if you’re GA tickets: Come earlier than early.

But enjoy it! It’s still an unforgetable experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep agreed, no need for ear plugs. The new engines are loud, but not painfully loud (like the 80s, 90s and 00s!)

Take a backpack, as you’ll be doing A LOT of walking and you’ll want your hands free for your camera.

Take cash, still many kiosks don’t take debit/credit cards. And race programme can only be bought with cash.

Food is very expensive (well it was at Silverstone), so agreed bring as much food as you can carry without it being uncomfortably heavy.

Bring some wet wipes too, as your face will get very dirty in this atmosphere and you’ll want to freshen up!

PorscheF1
    Participant

Bring some wet wipes too, as your face will get very dirty in this atmosphere and you’ll want to freshen up!

It’s not a beauty contest? I’ve been walking in there for quite some year in various events but never brought some wet wipes…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@xtwl Each to their own, it’s no big deal!

mark adams
    Participant

take a look here:
    https://www.racefans.net/groups/going-to-the-belgian-grand-prix-at-spa-francorchamps/

and after the race is over do the track walk and stay for at least 2 hours or you will be in a monster of a trafic jam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.