F1

Video: Matt le Blanc ’interviews’ Raikkonen on the E21

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Another amusing send-up of a Raikkonen from Lotus. I love that he’s up for doing this:

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/status/295178862420164608

Also, hey look it’s Joey.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Funny up until the “leave me alone bit”.

Gas man..looks very relaxed in his role at lotus..Can see myself putting a few quid on Kimi for the championship this year…

BenH
    Participant

Thanks to their great social media interaction and seemingly laid back approach, the team from Enstone are becoming one of my favourite teams again. Just wish they would drop the Lotus name already :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Funny up until the “leave me alone bit”.

@pjtierney Yeah, I think it’s about time to give that a rest. Then again, the team isn’t exactly known for doing that. (See also: annoyingly frequent references to ice cream.)

@BenH I agree – I think the stuff they do on social media is great, self-deprecating and funny. But the name thing is an open sore.

Participant

This one is just a bit too scripted for my taste.

Girts
    Participant

To be honest, I don’t like this one. It’s scripted and noncredible. Maybe they should for once listen to Kimi and really leave him alone, instead of trying to look amusing by repeating the same joke for 10 thousand times. He’s there to drive the car, full stop. He’s not a heartless moron, sometimes he will say or do something funny anyway and that’ll be cool. But this is just a lousy attempt to exaggerate and sell Kimi’s ‘boringness’.

andae23
    Participant

Not a fan of this. I think it’s great that Lotus uses social media to try to create their own identity (which contradicts with them adopting the ‘Lotus’ name), but this is more a form of exploiting an old concept. Also, I’m not a fan of this actor, to use an understatement.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Lighten up people, jeez!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kimi got his own line wrong! At Abu Dhabi he said, “Leave me alone. I know what to do.” :P

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@spud There were 2 Kimi-Quotes, one when he took the lead, i think, and the other under SC

Anonymous
    Inactive

@olliekart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNstQeBw6-w << This is the one I'm talking about. The other "Yes, yes, yes" transmission is the only other one that I'm aware of. :P

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Also, hey look it’s Joey.

I was always more a fan of Chandler. Though Joey was much more likeable than Ross.

GeeMac
    Participant

A nice little video that, it’s meant to be light hearted and clichéd and I think we should all take it that way. As @benh mentioned the team from Enstone really are in a league of their own so far as social media interaction with fans is concerned. It really is helping to mend the damage that was done during “Lotus vs. Lotus” and I am finding myself liking them again.

I honestly can’t wait to see the E21 tomorrow. The E20 was a well sorted racing car and the E21 should be even better if they manage to crack the exhaust conundrum. The E20 was also probably the best looking car on the grid last season, it certainly the best looking stepped nose car by a stretch.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.