F1

VW-Group to buy Red Bull

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Force Maikel
    Participant

The F1 oracle has spoken. EJ says VW are close to buying Red Bull.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34297046

Would be awesome if true.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonder where that leaves Toro Rosso?

VW energy drink….. DKW energy drink?

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

DKW energy drink from VAG, what’s not to like? :)

I hope they’d go RB Audi and Lamborghini, but maybe VW as an engine name (like F3, or RB-Porsche) or for the junior team? Who knows.. they could even call it Skoda!

PorscheF1
    Participant

Not happening.

glynh
    Participant

Eddie Jordan is saying vw/audi will buy red bull for 2018. Always interesting to hear his predictions.

PorscheF1
    Participant

They want to race in the WEC, not in F1. They have been on many occasions quite clear on it. 2018 would also be quite a weird year to buy into a team, who even says Red Bull is still a racing team by then…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@xtwl They’re supposedly taking over the team from next year and designing a power unit for 2018, not that I buy into these rumours either seeing as it’s Volkswagen.

zomtec
    Participant

Considering the limitations of engine development, where would this leave VW in the end? How many tokens would they be allowed to use?

JackySteeg
    Participant

In today’s news… VW facing $18bn fine and its stocks have plunged 17%. I wonder what impact this would have on their racing activities, not that I ever believed they’d buy Red Bull.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The VW/Red Bull rumours were based on nothing but Eddie Jordan’s dodgy predictions. But as we have seen this week, with the reputation of the VW group in tatters, they have bigger things to worry about than Formula 1.

glynh
    Participant

I assumed VW did this whole fuel thing just to prove to bernie that they were the right sort of people for F1.

PT
    Participant

This is beside the topic, but does Alonso fit into any of this or has he already signed a deal elsewhere?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-wants-another-title-in-f1-or-elsewhere/

There’s definitely a whiff of the 1994 Benetton ‘Option 13’ launch control controversy about how VW were hiding their ‘defeat device’:

So why, then, did VW not simply stop using the defeat device when it was no longer needed? “There are two possible reasons. First it would likely have been integrated within the entire electronic architecture of the car and not easy to remove

From: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/vw-emissions-scandal-vw-recall-affected-cars-january

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.