F1

What is the best ticket for Silverstone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Danielle
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m planning on going to Silverstone next year for the F1. It would be my first time going and I’m planning on treating my mom and granddad, as it’d be like a once in a lifetime experience for us all.

I’ve considered about three different seating areas: Village, Farm Curve, and International Pit Straights.

I want to be near to the start/finish line and the pits. But I also want to ideally be able to get to the podium after the race, in order to see the drivers collect their trophies. Where is this usually based, and which is the ideal area to be in to get this without any problems? Also is it just pure luck that you need in order to meet a driver or is there a certain ticket that I’d need in order to meet them?

Please can you give me some advice and also if you have met any drivers, how did you manage it (which ticket, or how were you so lucky!).

Graham Wood
    Participant

International pits straight looks best option for viewing pits and podium but is opposite side of track, but will be pricey. Have a look at Silverstones website which shows views from different parts of circuit and prices etc. Will need to be in centre of circuit to get anywhere near drivers (if really lucky) but not sure since they moved pits to present location. Old pits had a car park behind where some drivers could be spotted early doors. Some F1 teams or sponsors have driver signings throughout the weekend but they get busy. I used to collect driver signings easier way by going to other race meetings where potential F1 drivers were coming through the ranks (ie: Hamilton back when in formula Renault) or after their F1 career (ie: Webber in WEC sportscars)where paddock access is much better than ridiculously strict non possible F1.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.