Formula 3.5 V8

Daniel Ricciardo/Jon Lancaster crash, 2010

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Was looking this up for an article I’m writing at the moment and thought I’d share it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIftZ1IwThc

Poor Ricciardo – he ended the championship just two points behind Mikhail Aleshin after that…

Benjamin Lowry
    Participant

That was a pretty aggressive move!

Ricciardo was hard done by in that case, but I suppose that’s racing.

Victor.
    Participant

To be fair he had 3 more races to win it ;)

Skett
    Participant

Gotta say, it shows how dangerous it can be to swerve across the track at the start (something Vettel is infamous for).

Though I wouldn’t have thought the crash would have gone like that!

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

That was plain bizarre. No other description fits.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Yeah, I was gonna say, it certainly sucks, but I’m sure he had other opportunities throughout the year to finish better and have those 2 points more. You can blame one crash for the championship or you can see where you could have improved on mistakes you can control.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Victor I don’t follow WSR much; so what exactly do you mean by that? Did Aleshin not start 3 races or something?

Joel Holland
    Participant

Quickest man that year was Esteban Guerrieri, who missed a fair few races due to lack of budget and had Tech 1 absolutely screw him over yet still went to the last race in with a shot at the title. The fact he never got a sniff at F1 is a huge shame.

Victor.
    Participant

@raymondu999 There were 3 more races to go after that. What I’m trying to say is that putting the blame for losing the championship on this incident is a tad over the top in my eyes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.