Going to the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya

Going to the 2019 Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Catalunya

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2019 Spanish Grand Prix. What do you want to know about going to this race?

If you’ve been to this race before then please share your experiences here: Where did you watch? Where did you stay and how did you get to the track? Can you share any other tips on attending this race?

You can find more information from fans who’ve been to previous Spanish Grands Prix here:

https://www.racefans.net/groups/going-to-the-spanish-grand-prix-at-circuit-de-catalunya/forum/

Mrs M
    Participant

Hi
    We fly to Barcelona on Thursday for 3 days at the track. Very excited!
    Can anyone advise regarding what the food is like at the track?
    My work colleague goes to Silverstone plus one other race each year and she has commented that since Liberty took over, the food choices have reduced considerably and so has the quality. We intend to stay at the track from 9am til 5pm so any information on food such as prices, type of food available and if we should go outside the track for better quality, choices etc.
    My husband does have a lung condition and we have general admin tickets, so we would prefer not to have to move around too much after getting to the track via the train.
    Thank you

Are all these parts of RaceFans so deserted?..

Anyway, going to Barcelona tomorrow.
    Does anyone know until which time the Senna-Ratzeznberger tribute exhibition at Palau Robert will be open?

I am arriving at airport at ~15:00 and wonder If I will make it in time there…

John Ward
    Participant

Mrs M,
    I suggest you bring your food from outside, was there once but don’t recall the choices. a do remember it was costly.
    For Montreal, I always bring food in, choices are good but can be pricey.
    Have fun !

Got to the circuit, as described everywhere – quite easy.

First impression:
    C’mon organisers, you can’t hold an F1 race with only one girl (at Ticket office) speaking some form of English.

Maybe it is only Thursday, and later it will be better, but I am not holding my hopes high.

Waiting till 1pm for circuit admission (at least the girl mentioned above tried to tell me it will be open for everyone, not only for some Package/VIP ticket holders)

(after being admitted through the entrance)

Totally agree with John – there’s very little to eat here. 2.5 small snack-selling points, 1 burger-point (closed today).

Really?
    How many visitors do they anticipate???

I might sound disappointed – it is not the case, just negatively surprised with such strange organization.

Note for weekend:
    – buy food!

Mrs M
    Participant

Thanks for the information regarding food at the track ~ sounds disappointing!. We will definitely bring snacks! . We are staying near Sants station and just eaten at a small place called Zarautz. We recommend it for real Spanish food.
    Let’s hope the food offering at the track improves!

FP1 underway!
    Sunny, warm, few minor see-through clouds.

F1 TV Pro still awful – more than a minute behind real “live” action. Unacceptable.

Notes from Saturday:
    – I hate smokers!
    If they are so “smart” as to willingly kill themselves, then they should do it somewhere alone, they should not poison and kill all those sitting around.

Why on Earth is smoking even allowed here!?!?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.