Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Who is going to the 2013 US GP?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Me and my family / friends are sitting in the upper level seats in turn 12, what about you?

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

i’ll be sitting on my couch at 6am in the morning, Australia Time
    I love the COTA circuit itself, especially the first corner

Michael Moran
    Participant

I’ll be there in my T15 seats…..once I wander down the hill at T11 from our camping spot. Shouldn’t have to leave the track the whole weekend….unless we need to restock the adult beverages….lol!

Henry
    Participant

Sitting Turn 1 section 5. Excited! Finding accommodation is a nightmare at the moment though, I’ve left it too late. Even on air b n’b people are charging up to $600 a night. The camping fees are ridiculous too. Worse than any other grand prix I’ve been to.

Michael Moran
    Participant

Anything in downtown is going to be unavailable or extremely expensive. I’ve done a lot of searching for friends & the best deal on a hotel that has easy access to both downtown & the track is the La Quinta at Southwest Pkwy & Mopac. I believe they have a 3 night minimum & is around $325/nt. About a 10 minute drive to where the events downtown are & could get to the track in maybe 30-45 minutes if you go early before the traffic gets heavy….crack of dawn type timing. If you are interested in going the camping route, RVNightly is your best bet. They have two campgrounds & the least expensive one is actually pretty close to T1 & Parking Lot P. Two people & a car is about $300 for the weekend. The other site is right outside the fence between T10 & T11 & you are able to see what is going on on the track, but it will run about $600. I’ll be in CoTA’s lot just above it as it was the cheapest option for what I was doing….as long as I can sell the 4 GA tickets that came with it. I haven’t had any trouble selling any of my extra tickets for any of the events & with what I think I can realistically get for them & my extra parking space, my net on the camping spot will be about $400.

Link to RVNightly: http://rvnightly.com/main.sc

marcky
    Participant

Turn12 seat, but will spend most of Friday and Saturday wandering around the GA areas for good photo spots! Also, since I’m going alone to the GP, I have 3 empty seats in my car to the track, and I could use some help splitting the costs of parking! I’ll be more than happy to give a ride from downtown Austin to the track (i’m in parking lot F).

marcky
    Participant

COTA sent me this link with some exclusive hotel options… although they all sit on the higher price range ($300+), some of the hotels still have availability only through this site. Most have a minimum 3 night stay. Since I’ll only be able to stay 2 nights, my options were a bit more limited, so I’ll be staying at the Best Western Austin City, unless I manage to find a better deal until the race weekend.

http://circuitoftheamericas.hotelsforhope.org/v6/

codesurge
    Participant

After sitting at Turn 5 last year, I’ll be trying out Turn 9 this year. Some basic research shows that there will be some view of the back straight from there, so I might pack a pair of binoculars!

Henry
    Participant

Managed to find accommodation on air b n’ b an apartment rental downtown for 2 of us. £30 a night each.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.