Persistent rain prevented any meaningful running during the second practice session at Sochi Autodrom.
Felipe Massa set the quickest time with the final lap of the session, but the very wet track meant no one was able to lap in under two minutes. The Williams pair were two of just eight drivers who took to the track.
Other teams had concluded earlier on there was no value in running. Sauber’s Marcus Ericsson was told to park up in the garage with 25 minutes still to run. Lotus and Manor didn’t send either of their drivers out at all.
Fernando Alonso was the busiest driver on the track following his engine change, but he was told to pit before the end of the session after McLaren detected a problem on his car.
|4||33||Max Verstappen||Toro Rosso-Renault||2’00.806||0.348||7|
|6||26||Daniil Kvyat||Red Bull-Renault||2’01.418||0.960||6|
|7||55||Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso-Renault||2’02.805||2.347||7|
|12||11||Sergio Perez||Force India-Mercedes||3|
|13||27||Nico Hulkenberg||Force India-Mercedes||3|
|14||3||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull-Renault||1|
Second practice visual gaps
Felipe Massa – 2’00.458
+0.201 Sebastian Vettel – 2’00.659
+0.230 Valtteri Bottas – 2’00.688
+0.348 Max Verstappen – 2’00.806
+0.619 Fernando Alonso – 2’01.077
+0.960 Daniil Kvyat – 2’01.418
+2.347 Carlos Sainz Jnr – 2’02.805
Drivers more then ten seconds off the pace omitted.
2015 Russian Grand Prix
- Sponsor Watch: Mexico, USA and Russia
- Unrepentant Raikkonen says he would repeat Bottas move
- Perez earns first Driver of the Weekend win for three years
- Russia’s second grand prix gets higher rating
- 2015 Russian Grand Prix team radio transcript
2015 F1 practice sessions
- Errors leave Hamilton behind Rosberg in final practice
- Rosberg edges Hamilton in second practice
- Mercedes comfortably ahead in first practice
- Two stoppages can’t keep Hamilton from top spot
- Mercedes wrap up Friday practice with almost a second in hand