This area is for people who are attending or planning to attend the 2010 Chinese Grand Prix
Going to the 2011 Chinese Grand Prix? Join the discussion here: 2011 Chinese Grand Prix discussion
Use the comments below to share your thoughts on the race, where on the track you intend to watch from, how you’ll get to the track and more.
Taken any pictures or video at the race?
Share your pictures or video from the race with F1 Fanatic. Please get in touch by email to send them in. Contributions are always welcome.
2010 Chinese Grand Prix
- Read feedback from other F1 fans who’ve been to this track: Shanghai International Circuit – spectators’ experiences
- More information on this track: Shanghai International Circuit
12 comments on “2010 Chinese Grand Prix discussion”
8th January 2010, 16:57
Some tips for the Shanghai Grand Prix 2010
1. According to my experience, drivers and team boss and staffs will stay in Shanghai Four Seasons Hotel (5 Stars) and Shangri-La Hotels ( 5 stars) instead of the trackside villas. So if you choose these hotels, there are a high probability to meet some famous guys.
2. The metro Line 9 is completed this year and now you can take it directly from city center to the circuit. I highly recommend you not to take the shuttle bus because you can avoid the heavy traffic and save time if you take metro.
3. Don’t miss Shanghai World Expo 2010. It will open on 1st.May and just some days later than the Grand Prix. You can visit both Grand Prixs and World Expo and make your trip much more valuable.
25th January 2010, 7:38
Mark, just to correct you. Googling it, the line seems to be Line 11 rather than 9. This is still excellent news, though. :)
17th March 2010, 8:45
Which Station in Line 11 is the nearest to the Circuit?
7th April 2010, 22:34
The station is called Shanghai Circuit Station, around 150 metres outfrom the circuit’s gate
5th April 2010, 11:24
Does anyone know what support races are on the China GP, I don’t want to miss anything?
7th April 2010, 22:38
There will be Asia Formula BMW, GP2 Asia, Aston Martin Asia Cup, and Asia Porche Carrera
11th April 2010, 0:17
Hey Guys – I am in China for work and will be heading to the GP. I have not bought a ticket as per the chat on this forum , hoping to pay a guard or buy outside??? I would never normally prepare for a GP like this but China is so empty? Crazy? Stupid? would you pre-buy a ticket? – I also have been lucky to be selected for a McLaren Pit your :)
Happy to hook up with anyone if you want
11th April 2010, 0:17
That was Pit Tour :)
15th April 2010, 12:11
Im very excited to be in Shanghai for this weekends race.
Trying to figure out how to get to the track from central shanghai and am getting conflicting information. There does seem to be a station on line 11 but i have read that it will be closed on race day for safety reasons. Also read that there are shuttle buses although cant seem to find anything concrete.
Does anyone have any confirmed transport information on the quickest and most cost effective way of getting there?
16th April 2010, 3:48
Please let me know the same as well.. Even I am not sure how to go there on the race day..
16th April 2010, 16:02
no one here seems to know about the GP – amazing..
tomorrow I will get a cab there which will not be the most cost effective!! if i can get a train back i will.
I have seen 1 person with a F1 2010 Lanyard..other than that its non existent
16th April 2010, 7:38
I will ask my hotel when i get to shanghai in a few hours and let u know